Food & Drink in the Hunter Valley
The Hunter Valley in Australia is world renowned as one of the top places in the world to sample some of the finest food and of course wine.
Travel Safe Bus Hire have some amazing wine tours of the Hunter Valley, where you can sit back on a modern air conditioned vehicle and enjoy the marvellous cellar doors to the full extent.
There are over one hundred and fifty wineries in the Hunter Valley, and the terroir of rich soils with excellent temperature, enables some of the best wine production in Australia. The Hunter Valley is known across the world for producing high quality semillon.
Vine cultivation dates back to the early 1820’s in the Hunter Valley, and the early estates were Tulloch, Drayton, Wydnham, Lindeman and Tyrell. The growing of grapes and the production of wine in the Hunter Valley is the oldest in Australia.
As well as world class semillon, the Hunter Valley is well known for its production of cabernet sauvignon, shiraz, chardonnay and verdelho. And lovers of wine can sample the region’s produce in one of the many excellent cellar doors, Hunter Valley has more than any other wine region in Australia.
Hunter Valley Food
Not only does the rich fertile soil and great climate produce fantastic wines, it also is responsible for growing a wide variety of crops all year round. As the Hunter Valley has fine winemakers, there are many artisans turning raw products into delectable delicacies for the gourmet.
Tasty meats, olives, cheeses, olive oils, chocolate, and fudge are all available at the many restaurants, shops and delicatessens that abound in the Hunter Valley. If you wish to partake in some of this delicious fare, then perhaps try the following outlets:-
- The Hunter Valley Cheese Company
- Binnorie Dairy
- The Hunter Valley Smelly Cheese Shop
- The Hunter Valley Chocolate & Fudge Factory
- Lovedale Smokehouse Gourmet Pantry
- Cocoa Nib
Great Cellar Doors
Hunter Valley has more cellar doors than any other wine region in Australia, offering the best wine and food the region has to offer, some of the best cellar doors to visit are:-
- Gundog Estate – an award winning boutique winery with premium quality tastings and some excellent gourmet food.
- Brokenwood Wines – one of Australia’s finest wine makers, their cellar door dispenses stellar wines such as Graveyard Vineyard Shiraz and the ever popular Cricket Pitch Range.
- Small Winemakers Centre – a unique experience, showcasing many wines from excellent boutique wineries. The Centre is home to Thomas Wines, David Hook Wines, Hart & Hunter, and Silkman Wines.
- Keith Tulloch Wine – a family owned winery that has a wonderful cellar door highlighting wines with great creativity and personality.
If you do wish to take a wonderful wine tour of the Hunter Valley, then contact Travel Safe Bus Hire and they can arrange something extra special for you and your party.